Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dr. Jimmy 71

This was the last Dr. Jimmy strip to appear in the Daily Beacon. I had two more strips drawn and ready to go that would have been my official farewell, but the paper wouldn't print them. I will post them later this week on my blog because this time the Beacon editors can't stop me. So there.

The tension between the editors and myself had gotten to be too much. They hated my strip and I hated them for hating my strip. My plan was that I would quit in protest and then outraged students would flood the Beacon offices with letters demanding my return. Of course, that didn't happen. It was just a silly cartoon strip. Students had more important things to worry about, like passing their classes. Plus, I was due for some hubris considering how I'd come to believe the strip was a much bigger deal than it was. Doing the strip was great fun while it lasted.






2 comments:

jessica said...

I just love these.

Mickey Dubrow said...

Thank you. I loved posting them.