Monday, October 12, 2009

A world disturbed into brilliance


J was part of a book festival in Nashville. Her session was held in the Senate Chambers of the Tennessee State Capitol. She and her fellow panel member stood at the head of the chamber and the audience sat at the Senator’s desks facing them.

I took this photo of this simple sentence written on the blotter atop one of the Senators’ desks. “A world disturbed into brilliance.”

I don’t know if it’s a quote or a line from a book or just a moment of inspiration. I looked online and found nothing. If someone out there knows the origin of this statement, please let me know.

1 comment:

QGBFH said...

The world is disturbed. I'm not sure how brilliant it is though... It's funny how that concept is so poetic yet terribly terribly wrong at the same time.