Sunday, August 30, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y





Time: 1980
Place: Disneyworld


My brother was going to Disneyworld and asked me if I wanted anything while he was there. I told him that I’d always meant to get the Mickey Mouse cap with the ears with my name on it, but never remembered to do it when I was there. My brother said he’d be glad to take care of it for me. We both agreed it would be funny to have a Mickey Mouse ears cap with my name “Mickey” on it.

When my brother returned, he gave me the cap and it did indeed have my name on it.

“You wouldn’t believe what I went through to get that damn thing,” he said.

“Why? What happened?”

“The sales girl asked me what name I wanted and when I said “Mickey,” she said, ‘No really. What name do you want?’ I said I really wanted Mickey, that’s his name, and she got mad and told me to stop fooling around and tell me what name to put on the cap. We argued back and forth and finally she put Mickey on the cap, but boy was she pissed at me.”

I felt bad for my brother, but I was thrilled to get a cap with a story attached to it.

2 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Dear Mickey,

This is w-i-c-k-e-d cool!

Sincerely,
Sparkle

P.S. Mousketeer show. Roy and Jimmy. What the heck? Did they both owe Disney money?!

Mickey Dubrow said...

More likely Roy and Jimmy lost a bet.