Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday

Today is my birthday and I’d like to share two short birthday stories.

The first story is a conversation I had with a boy about seven. Let’s call him Sean. He was telling me how he excited he was about his upcoming birthday party.

Sean: “I’m going to have the best birthday party ever.”

Me: “Sounds like a lot of fun, Sean.”

Sean: “You know I celebrated my birthday about this time last year.”

Me: “About this time last year you say?”

Sean: “Yeah. And now that I think about it, my birthday comes about the same time ever year.”

I thought about explaining why birthdays come on the same day every year, but decided Sean should figure it out on his own.

The second story is a conversation I had this past Saturday. A woman, let’s call her Beth, was telling me how much trouble her teenage son was causing her.

Me: “I suppose its part of the joy of raising children.”

Beth: “Just wait until you’re 52, then you’ll understand.”

Me: “So this Monday, I’ll understand?”

Beth gave me the stink eye.

Beth: “Well, you look younger than me.”

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Ha! Happy Birthday, Humor Peach!

Mickey Dubrow said...

Thank you, Maggie.