Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hey, Cutie!



Year 2008
Place Atlanta, GA


I was at the Zesto’s drive through window. The cashier was an attractive black woman. I would guess her to be in her thirties.

She did two things that I found very odd. The first was that she didn’t take my money right away. In the past when I’ve used the Zesto’s drive through, the cashier asked me to pay before giving me any food. This cashier handed me my large coke and didn’t ask for money.

The other odd thing was she kept grinning at me. The whole time I’m waiting, she had this big silly grin on her face. I grinned back. It seemed like the right thing to do.

She gave me my bag of food, then told me how much I owed her. I handed her a twenty.

“You are sooo cute,” she said as she handed me a receipt and my change.

“Thank you,” I said. “I think you’re cute too.”

She was still grinning as I drove away.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Is this the Zesto's two blocks from home? No wonder Ed and R. hang out there!